Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Arkasouri: Random Photos

Since another trip is coming up at Christmas time, I better just put these up without worrying over a coherent story! Molly's girls, Callie, Mary, and "Margolet" went with us this time; they had not been up to see the property yet, and the lovely fall experience was the perfect time for a first visit! Here, Callie is enjoying the mostly-moderate weather.
Mary and the puppy Buddy down at the stone wall by the creek.

Margaret Anne loved being outdoors, and, once again, Buddy is her companion.

The first pasture fenced by Jason and the boys. Thanks, y'all! Hopefully, it won't be long before some hardy livestock will make this their home.

Sweet Savannah was so happy to have some company! She is a people person and loves having her cousins come visit.

And Joey came to visit! Just getting a preview of supper, right Joe?

Aunt Katie with Margaret Anne and Rachel, finishing off Matthew's birthday cake. This year, with family scattered among three states, birthdays have to be celebrated whenever visits take place.

Daniel, contemplating something. What an adventure to watch the Miller boys and Uncle Jason in "discussion"! They can hold their own in contest with Uncle Jason, the family prosecutor and debater-in-chief! (Yes, Jason, your sisters are just as . . . umm . . . bad! But the Lord turns those characteristics into strengths in the right situations!)

A smile on Matthew's and Jason's faces! Must be a friendly "discussion"! Thank you, Lord, for giving us the opportunity to see our children and children's children come to maturity -- skillfully defending orthodoxy and orthopraxy! What capable hands the Kingdom is in! God bless you, Warriors of the Cross!

3 comments:

The Miller Family said...

Those are such lovely pictures! The one of the fence was especially pretty...the tree was very Autumnal.

I noticed that my beloved boys never fail to let me down in the photographic endeavor to have on the stain-iest shirt possible when a camera is around!

Love,
Katie

The Dischers said...

That was a very nice post! I am so glad your visit was filled with such beautiful weather! Yes, it is very good for those boys to debate amongst each other and with Uncle Jay. It's definitely iron sharpening iron. I am proud of my nephews, son, and brother!


Love,
Beth

The Stricklen Family said...

Beautiful pictures!! Of course, I am prejudiced! I was talking about those 3 lovely ladies :)
The picture of the fence was pretty also with that stunning red tree beside it.
As much as I don't look forward to heading North, I am so glad we will be seeing everyone again at Christmas. It is so sad as I look at family blogs and William walks up and says "What that boy called?" Or "Who that man?" And I tell him, "That is your cousin Samuel" or "That is Uncle Jay"
I guess I need to include him in bloghopping more often!

The girls enjoyed the the trip so much! Thank you for bringing them.

Love you!
Molly