Monday, November 2, 2009

For Molly

This trip to Arkasouri is happening at my favorite time of year, fall. I love fall and always have. The change of the seasons is invigorating to me, but I am afraid my Florida-raised children have a hard time understanding my passion for fall. So when we left (with 3 of Molly's darling girls), she said to send her lots of pictures of the scenes of fall. The blog seemed to be the best way to send a lot of pictures without mega-computer-hassles. Here are some of the sights of Arkansas and Missouri toward the end of leaf-peeping time.

You know what kind of photographer I am, so keep that in mind! I did manage to snap this glowing tree as we were passing at about 50 mph.

This was in Mountain Home AR and we liked it because of the many colors in the little grouping.

Along Highway 5, just before the Missouri border.

This is on Ozark County Road "W", just before turning off onto the dirt road to our property.

Another scene on W. Some of the trees are finished for the year, others have very little color yet.

Looking out across the hills, just before turning onto the dirt road. Not too much color out there, but pretty scenery.

The creeks were higher than last year, in fact, one night they were almost over the bridges due to so much rain. This creek borders the property.


The last bridge before turning into the property. The road continues right, the drive begins to the left.
The larger creek that crosses the property. One night, it rained so much the creeks were almost up to the bridges. The houses from the front of the property. There is some color mixed in with the green.

Danny in front of what I think is a maple of some sort.

Jason stops along the drive. The large creek is to the left.

Tree with glowing color.

Beautiful red bush down near the marina at Pontiac. Danny hates it when I ask him to pose for scenery! Thank you, Sweetie!
More glowing color. In the background is Bull Shoals Lake, one of the best trout lakes in the country, they say. Or was it bass????

Well, those were about the best I took. Molly, you know your girls will have wonderful pictures for you! Thank you, Lord, for a chance to have a "fall experience" after so many years!

4 comments:

The Stricklen Family said...

Beautiful! Thank you for all those lovely pictures!
The colors at the property are wonderful!
It's invigorating just looking at the pictures - I can just imagine being there.
Believe it or not I DO remember just a tinge of that feeling here and there from my childhood. It all comes back as this faint memory and this "fallish" feeling comes over me when seeing pictures like that. I do understand, because I have those distant but distinct memories of fall in Indiana and that 1 year in Kentucky. It is a really neat feeling and those pictures represented it very nicely :)
So glad you were able to experience FALL! That creek (your creek, our creek?? You know what creek I am talking about!!) is just beautiful as well. It was flowing so nicely :)
Love you all and hope you are successful in getting the trees planted!

Molly

Lizzie said...

Oh Grandmama, Lovely pictures!!! I wish I was there with y'all. (In the promised land. Hehe) :)

Thanks for ending us your house the other day. :) It was a lot of fun.

I miss y'all!
Love Always, Sarah

The Dischers said...

Those pictures show such lovely lovely color, Mama. Thank you for taking the time to share them with us! We would so like to be there just drinking it all with you!

Glad you finally got those trees in the ground!

Love,
Beth

The Miller Family said...

What pretty pictures! I'm so glad the y'all made it here in time to see the fall foliage, you timed it just right.

It won't be as pretty at Christmas, but maybe...just maybe it will be white!

Love,
Katie