Saturday, August 2, 2008

Faces We Miss So Much

Benny -- what a sweet helper! He loves to do things for people to show his love. Matthew -- becoming a man of God. You have to get to know him to see what a comedian he is!
R.G. -- God knew what he was doing when He made him the elder brother. R.G. is a leader of men. The three oldest boys had just returned from working all day. They have already earned a good reputation for hard, honest work, and are adding to the family economy in a big way.
Andrew -- Arkansas is fresh territory in his never-ending search for woolly mammoth artifacts! Andrew, the learner.
Joey -- what can I say?? Joey, the heart-stealer.
Rachel -- precious little rose among all those . . . . umm, boys!
Daniel -- already a strong man. He and Matthew make quite the comedy team!
Little Sam -- Mama's rascal! He is growing up so fast -- not a baby anymore!
Just like the good old days! Uncle Chris is here to tell another story to a captivated audience! Those boys could listen to Uncle Chris for hours -- and usually do!
We arrived at the Millers the evening before the conference. What a wonderful reunion! The boys showed us around the property -- they have done so much work, but there is quite a bit to do before winter. Hmmm, it will be interesting to see Florida crackers get the impact of what it means to prepare for winter! They have already made some fine friends who are helping them learn the unique aspects of living in the Ozarks.

Robert came in from off the road in the middle of the night, and then we were off to Branson (a couple of hours away)! Thank you, Lord, for safely reuniting us with loved ones. The saga continues . . .

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Frodge

You make it very hard to forget what we miss so much. (I feel sentimental today).

Eddie

The Miller Family said...

Mama,

Thank you for putting up such a nice post! Next time, I'll gladly help you find some pictures where my precious children's faces are clean and Rachel's hair is brushed! We loved every minute of your time with us and we miss those faces on the other side of the computer so much, too.

Bonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bonnie said...

Well, I will have to concentrate on finding some nice, appropriate, Mama-pleasing pictures of the Millers! These pictures were taken when we first got to their home in Arkansas -- I just wanted pictures for my heart-holes! The big boys had been doing physical labor all day, and the little ones were patiently waiting for cousins for hours outside -- who can stay clean all day outside??

Hey, I thought you would be pleased that Rachel's hair was pinned out of her eyes! I don't know how many of those pictures I can find!!

Mama

Bonnie said...

BTW, that removed comment was me. I was trying to add something to the previous post and ended up deleting it!! I am always curious when I see a deleted comment!

BF

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mrs. Frodge for posting all these wonderful pictures. What a special time for family. We love looking at all the family blogs. Please tell Beth we are so happy for her and the family. For some reason I can't post on her blog. I keeps timing out on me.
All our Love,
The Lain family

The Dischers said...

Well, that was precious as was the time in Arkansas.

On our blog and on the Stricklen's blog (and I am sure soon to be on Mama's blog) we have the "big" family picture that was taken after church. ALL the Miller children are clean and pretty (sorry boys) in THAT picture ;)

Beth

The Stricklen Family said...

Those are such wonderful pictures of each one regardless of what Katie says!
I agree withe Eddie, I really miss them all the more when I see those sweet faces reflecting the precious character and personality God gave them and that we have come to love so much.

Molly