Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Better Pictures . . .??

Katie was not happy with the pictures I last posted of her children. Seems they were too "in the moment" -- you know, a little grimy from honest labor; dusty from playing, like normal children waiting for their cousins, outside in the summer; etc. Here are some other ones -- sorry there are no Olan Mills portraits!! (Y'all, hopefully, she is taking this in the same tongue-in-cheek spirit in which it is offered!) Granddaddy with precious little Millers right before they were wrenched from our very bosoms and spirited away. Benny, Joey, Rachel, and Andrew (l to r)

At the conference in Branson: friend Gabriel, Katie's 2nd boy Matthew, cousin Peter, and oldest R.G. What did the Millers ever do before pinky-loops??
Andrew in the RV with us. Clean, tidy Andrew.
This one was taken a year ago on our front porch. But I thought it was so precious, I would include it. Unfortunately, Rachel's hair ribbon is untied. But we don't care!

Margaret Anne with Rachel and Rachel's puppy. Hey, even the puppy is clean and neat!
Matthew playing that big bass. I was so pleased that, not only was Matthew able to pick right up with the bass, after not having it in Arkansas to practice, but he actually seemed to have advanced!! Good work, Matthew!
Benny (right) with his friend Thomas. Although not in his Sunday best, I promise Benny is clean. I love Benny, whatever his cleanliness portion. I love to hug him when he is hot and sweaty or dressed to the nines!
Precious Daniel with his little cousin Emma Jane. These big boys love little ones!


Though I would add this one of my girls singing together -- not much opportunity for that anymore. The grandchildren love to play for them to sing. And hey, there is that cute little Samuel!

This is a precious picture -- cousins Rosie, Rachel, and Margaret Anne, together for a few days.
R.G., in a clean white t-shirt, challenging Kitty on the "Orange Blossom Special". We love it. Robert, in the background, doesn't get many opportunities to watch the children play together. So glad you were there, Robert.
Katie, please know I am just having fun. I truly did not think about the children not looking their best in the last pictures -- I only knew that was how they looked when we came to their home in Arkansas and my heart's holes were healed for a little while. Please forgive your mother.


4 comments:

The Miller Family said...

Oh, goodness! Did I sound THAT bad! I think the pictures are wonderful...ALL of them! Thank you for putting up some more of the "cleaner" ones, though, since they included your humorous comments!

Love,
Katie

Unknown said...

What a sweet post. We all know the Millers DO get an annual bath! ha ha

noooo....Katie....please don't throw cold water on me....

I love that picture of the little boys with their grandaddy oh, I mean granddaddy. It was so sweet to see them all in person, AND we get to see RG tonight!!!!!!!!!! (Can you tell we are excited!) Since all the Miller boys look alike - it will be kind of like seeing them all at once! I am being very silly.

Love,
Beth

Anonymous said...

You are so funny - Thanks for posting the pictures! It is great seeing your family, especially if they are far away. Sounds like you all had a great time.
Awhile ago, one of my friends passed the Brillante Award to me. I think you deserve it, so I would like to pass it to you. Visit my blog to read more about it.
(Click my name)

The Stricklen Family said...

I loved all the "dirty" and "clean" pictures!! I really liked your "clean" comments!!

Miss them :(
Love,
Molly