Saturday, June 7, 2008

More Trip Pictures

All of us at the Marine Corps museum in Quantico Va. This is a wonderful place to find out more about the corps. My daddy served his country for three years of his youth in the Second World War. He entered at age 15 and was a veteran of major Pacific campaigns at age 18. Mother was especially touched by the museum.
Mother and I took a taxi to the WWII monument on the National Mall. This isn't bad for a cell phone camera! I was surprised it came out this well. RG had the camera at the Witherspoon school that day, so I resorted to what was available. This, too, is an impressive monument.
DADDY'S HERE!! Chris greets his boys in the Metro tunnel. He flew up from FL to drive his family home. What a wonderful feeling of relief Molly had when he took over the wheel of the Excursion for her in Washington traffic! Daddies make a difference!
Four country girls having lunch in one of Washington's mega-multi-story malls. Mary used the metaphor of the blurry folks rushing by to make some "deep" comments on their blog (here)
http://www.thestricklenfamily.blogspot.com/

Well, actually, it's down quite a ways, so I will just quote Mary:

"Observe the the whiz of people in the background. The people in Washington DC move unnaturally fast, for no apparent reason--It's a plague that its residents catch after living there for more than a month. They MUST make that exact metro ride, or the whole world will stop in its tracks, even if there's another metro 3 minutes later going to the same place. Watch out, or you might get trampled.
Just a Thought--Mary"

But you will enjoy their blog, so visit anyway! I am so thankful for the opportunity to go with my sweet family to the capital. Mother had never been and had always wanted to go, and now she is ready for another trip there (when we all recuperate!) I cannot say enough about the impact the Witherspoon School had on my husband and grandson. Thank God for men of strength and integrity He has raised up for such a time as this. We, families and the church, have always needed men to be our leaders, but I am convinced we will need them more than ever in the upcoming days. Thank you, Lord, for men of vision to follow Your Word and Your ways.

5 comments:

The Stricklen Family said...

That was such a meaningful and pleasant trip! I like those kind :) No rushing allowed.
I appreciated your words on the men in our lives and how important they are in leadership of our families. So glad Daddy and RG attended Witherspoon. Can't wait for Daddy to share more with us.
Love you!
Molly
PS I liked the "4 Country Girls" picture!

The Pollock Family said...

I'm so glad y'all had a wonderful, relaxing trip. I'm with you Molly, that's my favorite kind too, with NO rushing!!!

Great pics and I love the one with Chris and the boys. Father and son and father and daughter pics are sooo touching to me.

Glad y'all are back.

Love you,
Tina

Tammy said...

It was nice to take a moment and catch up with your family, Bonnie! You are always on the move, aren't you? *wink*

Have a wonderful summer!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Bonnie said...

It truly was a special trip -- not only the purpose of the trip, Witherspoon, but also the unexpected pleasure of Mother going with us. Danny promises to share the good information from the seminar soon.

Tammy, how nice to "hear" from you! So glad you are peeking in every now and then! Hope this finds you and your sweet family doing well.

Lisa Winton said...

Well,I have been SUPER busy and this is the first chance I've had to catch up with you, Bonnie. You are about the travellin-est family I've ever met! :o) What a blessing, and how fun to make wonderful memories and learn together with family and friends.
In Him,
Lisa