Friday, February 16, 2007

Working again . . . and rambling


I do not know why Blogger would not let me add an image for a couple days, but now it is working again. This is the picture of "Aunt Sarah" (well, she will be some day, and it reminds me of pictures of my aunts from the 40's and 50's). I thought it compares well with the authentic picture of my parents above.

It is C-O-L-D! Well, not cold to many people, but it is supposed to be 26 degrees here tonight! The furnace and fireplace are working with all their might, and sweet Danny made me a hot water bottle to take to bed. He is already snoozing, since he has an early day tomorrow. He is the president of the local chapter of the engineering society, so he is in charge of the MathCounts competition for public and private schools. He will be quite glad when it is over, and so will I! He does love to do good things for others and loves math, math, math, so he will be happy if there are some competent math competitors tomorrow. We did not send any grandchildren, because . . .?? I don't think math competition was important to them in this context, although they do love math.

The cows were mooing tonight -- several of them are "in a family way", and I don't think they were happy with the cold. Most of them are Brangus, from Angus and Brahma, and Brahmas are not cold hardy. The chickens were happy to snuggle into their fresh, clean house tonight! Dh collected 31 eggs today! (A few came from yesterday.)

I think I would be wise to head off to bed, too. Trusting the cold doesn't hit our grapefruit trees hard. Thanking the Lord our nice, profitable grapefruit crop has already been picked and put to bed, or this would, indeed, be an interesting night! Stay warm, everyone!

3 comments:

Monica said...

Oh tooo funny, Bonnie! I was in Mathcounts ages ago in Jr High! We even took third at state.... those were the only trophies I ever won. What a great program!

Bonnie said...

Hi, Monica! Danny enjoyed the day, as much as he could. He has a horrible cold/sinus thing, and he is barely able to speak. He was supposed to announce and do some other things at the meet, but he was happy just to get the day finished and get home to bed.

He was impressed with the meet, too. I'm glad you have good memories of it.

Bonnie said...

Hi, Monica! Danny enjoyed the day, as much as he could. He has a horrible cold/sinus thing, and he is barely able to speak. He was supposed to announce and do some other things at the meet, but he was happy just to get the day finished and get home to bed.

He was impressed with the meet, too. I'm glad you have good memories of it.