Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Lately, life has been busy . . . as has yours, I am sure. Katie and her family thank you all for your prayers on their behalf. Repairs have been made to the point that the house passed inspection, and now they are just waiting on the power company to turn the electric back on. Then the cleanup begins!

The "Country Cousins" (the grandchildren) played for the Florida Flywheelers season-end banquet Saturday night, and it has been a blessing to watch them develop into seasoned (somewhat) performers. The picture above includes most of them, although a couple are hidden. They are adding more singing to their performances, which is something they are not as comfortable with. My children did not play instruments much, but were excellent singers. The grandchildren are good singers and continually improving, but feel much more comfortable with their instruments.

The Flywheelers loved them so much that they passed the bucket several times and contributed generously to our CD fund. Danny says we should go ahead and schedule a recording studio for the near future! Exciting times! Everywhere they perform, people ask if they have a CD, so I guess it's time.

It's funny . . . from the time I was a small girl performing, our family has not been one to put itself forward, and it is a strange feeling to come to terms with. I guess it is really a matter of trusting the Lord and blessing others with the talent He has given. This Friday, we will be performing at the Wauchula Pioneer Days, so another week of practice and preparation. Life is exciting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how fun! can't wait to be able to hear what these super-talented grandkids sound like!

Tammy C said...

I just saw you parent's picture-is that the year they were married.My parents were married March 1945.My brother came 15 months later on Christmas 1946.

Bonnie said...

Thanks, y'all. Yes, Tammy, my daddy was 15 when he joined the Marines and 18 when he got back in June, 1945, a veteran of several major campaigns, including Iwo Jima. They were married in September of 1945, and I was born March of 1947. They are my heroes and role models.