Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Good Girls!


It worked! Dh spent Saturday building new nesting boxes for the hens so they would keep their eggs clean, unbroken, and findable. So far this week, the Girls have been blessing us with around 15 - 18 eggs a day! Now we can share again with the daughters' families. We love our fresh, free-range eggs, so orange-y and Omega-3 loaded!

Oh, the sepia tone is the work of granddaughter Sarah Beth, who loves to experiment with photography and is getting quite good (although this is not a work of art!) When we first got our new digital camera to work (dinosaurs that we are), Sarah went around the property taking pictures in sepia. They remind me so much of the pictures we had when I was a child in the 40's - 50's. You know, of course, God didn't invent color until at least the 60's or 70's.

Sarah's farm collection reminds me of those old farm picture books (I love them) and pictures my mother has from the old days. There is one of her (Sarah) in a 40's-style dress with her hair in a WWII style, sitting in a rocking chair on the front porch. I will post it here soon. I love it, because it is quintessentially who we are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see more pictures. we pay a premium for eggs like you have. so jealous!

Bonnie said...

Thank you, Lora Lynn, for stopping by! Come visit and take some eggs home with you!