Thursday, December 28, 2006

Finally back . . .

My dear son-in-law Ed is my go-to man for technology. Dh bought me a new computer before the end of the year (the story of the old one is . . . umm . . . embarrassing -- maybe for a later time), and Eddie came over tonight to set up the transfer of stuff from the old computer.

He was long gone when it finally finished, so I tried (and tried) to enable the "disabled" files. Finally, I was able to get my web access opened, and here I am! It sure is nice having everything already on the computer, although I can tell a few things will need to be reinstalled, etc. Thanks, Eddie. You are a dear son-in-law.

Anyway, it is nice to be back. Christmas has been lovely -- we will finish the season on New Year's Day, when my large extended family is at our home for our "big family" Christmas get-together. The Lord willing, my Daddy and Mother will be here -- quite a production, since he must come over an hour from the VA nursing home in Tampa, but we all want to see him and spend time with him. He is so fragile, and has come so close to going Home in the last couple of years, but the Lord has a special reason for leaving this tough old Marine here with us.

Our sweet children surprised us with a special gift -- I feel a sentimental post coming on about it before too long. When our Christmas play is over, I will be chomping at the bit to get on here with flying fingers. Hopefully, remembering Paul's admonition to Timothy concerning those who should be wise women of God, "And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not." (I Tim. 5:13)

What a temptation the Net can be! Wandering about from "house to house", leaving our calling undone, leaving things in print which we ought not. Thank you, Lord, for a good Word to live by in these days of easy access to the "back fence". Keep a watch on my lips, O Lord. (Ps 141:3) Okay, 2007, here we come! To God be the glory.

No comments: