Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A Few Things . . .

Today, I got an email that made me wonder . . . it was from irs.gov (the government domain extension), and it said if I would provide my SS number and a credit card number, they would refund $63 to my credit card. Yeah, right. My only question is how do they get away with using the .gov extension?? I reported it as spam.

The week is turning out to be a hectic one. We had our regular "Monday school" at Grandmama's, practicing for the upcoming performances; Tuesday I played for my lovely and talented daughters to sing at their homeschool moms' Christmas tea (they did a wonderful job, of course!); today, we took all the children to a local retirement home, where they blessed the residents with their singing and playing.

Tomorrow, we go to Tampa to the VA to play and sing. My Daddy is over in the hospital again, so I hope we have time to go there, as well. He would be so sad to miss the great-grandchildren. Friday, we go to Ft. Meade to play for the Florida Flywheelers Christmas Village. It's a neat place -- they have all these old-time steam engines and a little old-fashioned village decorated for Christmas. It should be a nice family evening.

Thankfully, a Saturday performance was cancelled -- I am starting to feel like I'm coming down with something, which usually leads to pneumonia for me. (Prayers appreciated) Anyway, His grace is sufficient for His work, and He has always proved faithful. These Christmas performances really do lift the spirits, mine included.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're very busy! Stay healthy!