Saturday, November 29, 2008

Oh My Stars . . . .!

. . . . and garters! As my grandmother used to say! How could I have left Callie Sue's wonderful sour cream coffee cake off the list of incredible desserts on the Thanksgiving table? It was moist and cinnamony and crumbly, just right. And Mary, who is quite a baker in her own right, was occupied with the fresh collard greens and Caesar salad, so this time she didn't contribute to the dessert table. All of the sweet granddaughters were involved in making our dinner special. I do not ever want to neglect the contributions these Proverbs 31 trainees make to our memorable times. The cleaning, the decorating, the special touches they are learning to place on our family memories -- this is my joy! Thank you, maidens of virtue!

Now, I can't let this post go without praising the young men who help make it happen -- Peter and his shadow CJ do the heavy lifting and toting and dirty work -- we truly appreciate your contribution, too! Thank you, Lord, for willing arrows into the future! God bless you, grandchildren.

2 comments:

The Dischers said...

Hey, with 22 grandchildren, it's understandable!

We love you and are so glad that, like our Heavenly Father, you and Daddy strive to know each of these children intimately.

Love,
Beth

The Stricklen Family said...

That is so sweet and thoughtful of you to remember each and every one of them. I had read this post right after you posted it, but for some reason never commented.
I originally revisited this post to say --- we need an UPDATE on Clearly Seen :)

Love you!
Molly

PS I know that is not likely until after Christmas