Friday, October 3, 2008

Oh, Goodness! Tagged!

My precious, adorable, loving oldest daughter, Beth (http://www.thedischerfamily.blogspot.com/) has tagged me -- I do not know what she is talking about, but her daughter, Sarah Beth, is graciously walking me through it. Are we having fun yet, boys and girls??

As I understand it, I have been ordered to say six things entertaining, clever, life-changing about me and my family (hmmm . . . maybe it would actually be fun to tell all these little secrets about Beth, herself!!).

Here are the rules for those who are tagged:

Check the list after my 6 THINGS to see if you’re it.THEN...
Link to the person who tagged you.
Post the rules on your blog.
Write six random things about yourself.
Tag sixish people at the end of your post.
Let each person know he or she has been tagged.
Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Now I guess the next step is to write the 6 things:

1. My husband Danny and I married after knowing each other less than 4 months. We were 18, fresh out of high school, from different worlds, BUT . . . we were committed to the Lord and to marriage, and we knew this was it. There would be no turning back. And we have been happily married for 43 years!

2. I have visited 45 of the 50 United States and both of its neighbors.

3. I fear flying and anything over about 10 feet -- but not speaking or singing in front of thousands.

4. Decorating and home magazines grow like weeds in my home, and my husband's feeble cry is "DECLUTTER!!!"

5. I love doing many things that are lost on many women these days -- canning, preserving, dehydrating, crocheting, sewing, upholstering, cooking and baking from scratch, painting (artistic) -- oh, there are more -- and I love teaching them to my grandchildren!

6. If there was a second Mayflower to a new, fresh continent to form a new, God-honoring society, I would be the first on the boat! (But I would prefer they build a bridge over, since I don't like deep water much, either!)

Now, I am tagging these people. Please don't be mad at me!! Pleeze??

YOU'RE IT!!
Darling daughter-in-law Ashley
Darling daughter Molly
Darling daughter Katie
Darling niece Amy (poor thing! She just started her blog!)
Darling Amanda Sunshine Amanda
Well, that's all I can think of for now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Dr. and Mrs. Frodge :) I stop by here every day, but as is my custom I don't say much. But should you happen upon a 2nd Mayflower, do let me know. In that case I'm sure you'll both hear me coming... MAKE WAY! COMING THROUGH! FOLLOW THAT SHIP!... I probably won't say more than is my custom, I'll just be saying it louder. It is a strength to know that we, like Abraham, are "waiting for the city with permanent foundations, whose architect and builder is God." That there is mercy and grace still extended through Jesus Christ our LORD. And that the wickedness and oppression of this present evil will have an end, for our Father has determined it can go so far and no further!

Thank you for the open door :)

Bonnie said...

Thank you, Hans. It is so good to hear from you. And what a beautiful reminder you have given us of our true home!

Danny and I are in the process of reading together each night the book "Second Mayflower" by Kevin Swanson (www.generationswithvision.com). It has been a real encouragement to us as grandparents who have transitioned from preparing for our own future to that of our grandchildren -- may the Lord keep us faithful to the multi-generational vision He has placed in our hearts!

And Hans, you are welcome through the open door any time (figuratively and literally!)

R said...

We have responded to your "tag" at crackercountry.blogspot.com