Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Woe Is Me . . . !

I cannot believe it has been three weeks since I posted anything! Well, you have been very understanding about my father's homegoing and Matthew's illness, and I appreciate it. I will, of course, try to make excuses, but don't believe them . . .

I have had a bad cold (I guess that is what it was -- it was bad congestion and coughing, etc. God has delivered me, and I am on the mend).

Umm . . . I was waiting for daughter Molly to send me pictures of Thanksgiving (hint, hint . . . I still don't have them!) So I didn't want to post until I was able to put up pictures, too. (Am I getting any sympathy yet???)

Okay, I give up. No excuse. Just inertia. Well, since I don't have any pictures I want to put up right now, I will just do a short update:

1) Thanksgiving was very blessed and special. The whole family was here, except for faithful trucker Robert. We canceled our trip to Indiana because of Matthew's hospitalization, so Katie's family didn't get to meet up with their daddy :( But we had a wonderful time anyway. The food was great and bountiful, and the fellowship was precious.

2) Gracie's medieval party is here at our home this Friday! What a joy it has been to help these girls make their beautiful dresses! Still a few details to go on a couple of dresses, and tomorrow will be filled with decorating (setting up pavillions and maypoles, etc.), Hope to have some sweet pictures soon.

3) I just tonight finished dear husband Danny's invitations for his "Christmas BBQ", something he is trying to make a tradition of sorts, as a thank you for his drafters and customers. It was fun last year, as well as being a great opportunity to demonstrate to interested folks "what the Lord can do through one family who is committed to His ways and to each other". (This is the "Country Cousins" motto) The grandchildren will help serve and will play Christmas/bluegrass. There will be trap shooting and hayrides, as well as great barbeque. Hey, y'all . . . wanna come?

4) The busy season for performances is upon us, so the children (and their grandparents) will be hither and yon around the county. God's grace will be sufficient!

Hope to get back more often! God bless you all as you contemplate His amazing grace in sending His beloved Son to bring us into His family.

No comments: