Thursday, October 11, 2007

Florida Fall Foliage!

Of course, the lovely bougainvillea and other lovely flowers are still blooming! (Molly, what is the name of that blue one??)
The various crotons provide stunning fall colors.
This golden rain tree, in daughter Katie's yard, has dropped most of its golden rain and is in its red stage. These flower (or whatever they are) look like little Chinese lanterns in their final stage. I love them.
This golden rain tree is still mostly "golden", and has not rained down its gold yet.

It is a little cooler here for the next couple of days – mid-80s highs and upper-60s lows. That should be refreshing for a little while, and hopefully the children’s performance on Saturday will not be too muggy. It is supposed to go up again next week, but that is normal for here. Anyway, I thought it would be nice to share some of our fall colors – we do have some, you know!

Our colors are a little different from the beautiful leaves changing up north (which I still miss after 33 years in FL), but hey, I will take fall color wherever I can! And, of course, the flowers are still blooming everywhere, so that is definitely a plus! (BTW, I took these pictures on my Blackjack cell phone -- I thought they weren't too bad, for a cell phone camera!)

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Thanks for sharing your colors, Bonnie! Yes, they are different than the northern colors but definitely beautiful, too. Some year we'll have to travel down there in the fall :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

The Stricklen Family said...

Lovely colors!! That plant is a Plumbago.

Love,
Molly