Monday, November 27, 2006

Hello!

Hello! I have thought and prayed about this for a long time, bringing it before my dear husband for his approval – and here I am! It is not my nature to put myself forward – I would rather be behind the scenes – but several dear ladies have asked me for some time now if I would please share the things the Lord has worked in our family over the years. I am humbled by their request and ask the Lord to keep me faithful to His Word and gracious, but seasoned with salt.

Why “Clearly Seen?” I think this Scripture verse impresses me so much because the Lord has used the concept to speak to me over and over again. We can understand how He expects us to walk because He has given us patterns and precepts, “clearly seen”, in His Word. What we see in the world as He created it is a picture of the principles outlined in His Word. It is our prayer that our family will be a reflection of His Heavenly family. We believe that our family’s modeling of His principles for the family through daily life is our evangelism – we can have no more effective witness or ministry than to show the world what the Word says.

I want to thank my dear sister, Sue, who long ago passed me up in tech-savvy. She set up this blog and continues to be my safety net. Thanks, Sue.

The beginning of a busy holiday season is probably not the best time to start something like this, but we’ll jump in and see where it goes! It is my hope that my three daughters will join me every now and then with their wise input – they never cease to amaze me and bless me with their unique perspectives. What wonderful women of God!
Okay, I think that’s a good start. I’m looking forward not only to spiritual blessings but al to sharing about home, children, homeschooling, natural foods and healing, and oh, so many other interesting areas! Thanks for stopping by, and please don’t be a stranger.

3 comments:

The Stricklen Family said...

Mother -
What a lovely sight! I am so proud of you :) Yes, it was a golden day, wasn't it?
Daughter M

Anonymous said...

Welcome from another central FL blogger!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to your blog, Bonnie! I so miss hearing from you! This will help me keep in touch a little better. Blessings to you and your family. Your Thanksgiving day sounded lovely ours was too!