Wednesday, October 20, 2010

La abuelita es Escurridizo

Well, I am finally the owner of a new camera, one I don't have to share with the "business"!  Hopefully, I will learn its ins and outs so I can take pictures like Mary! (As grandson Daniel used to say "airquotes -- yeah, right!") Anyway, I love the picture above, and think it is pretty good. It is our dear friends, Patrick and Kellipaige Franklin in our breakfast room one Sunday after church. What a lovely time we always have with them!

So, we'll see if  you can teach an old dinosaur new tricks, and if new cameras can make up for old incompetencies!   Oh, I figured if Mary titles her post in Spanish, maybe I should, too.  I mean, it will be especially meaningful to three young ladies who forgot I would get my camera back from them!

 


Molly and Chris stayed for dinner the same day, and I thought this was such a good picture of them! I love the clarity of this new camera, as compared to my phone camera!

Beautiful Callie Sue! Love your sweet smile and curly hair, girl!
O-o-o-kay! My camera ended up at a sleep-over, and I think we have discovered some hidden . . . ummm, talents??  Wackiness?? Latent tendencies??  Abby's true identity:  The Fonz meets ... Dr. Jeckyll??

 Mary, Lois Lane in disguise?? Nancy Drew's no-nonsense best friend?? Sarah Palin wannabee??
Mandie Sunshine -- what can I say?  Future Red Hat Lady?
Oh, my starz!!  You don't want to meet these women in a dark alley!
Don't mess with the Stricklen Girls!

Okay, ladies, if you are desperate at midnight, I will personally buy you a gallon bag of gumballs!
Let's end this whole escapade with the Charmer, Mr. Grins, Nathaniel!  He never fails to give you the most heart-warming smile!  Love you, little boy, and miss you!




 

Thank you, Lord, for the peace and blessings you have placed in my life.  Why would anyone not want to serve You with all her heart!

8 comments:

SusanW said...

Well your new camera takes great photos and it looks like the photographer must be pretty good with it. Those are really good pictures. Looks like y'all had a nice time at the beach.

The Stricklen Family said...

Great pictures!! Those girls are so silly :) I love your comments on all of them, I think the Lois Lane/Nancy Drew/Sarah Palin wannabe was my favorite! That was such a precious picture of Nathaniel, I love it!! Enjoyed it!
Love you!!
Molly

Whiddon Family said...

Hey Mrs. Frodge!
Glad to see you posting again, and you got a camera!!!
Loved the pictures of the girls, especially Mary. Haha! I see her other side. ;-) Nathaniel is growing like a weed, and we still ain't seen him. PLEASE y'all come see us. We've been missing you!

Laney

Bonnie said...

Thank y'all for the kind comments. I am having a good time getting to know the camera and taking leaf-peeping photos, as well as other assorted grandchildren photos, from MO. Love to all!

Mary Noelle said...

EEEK! Oh my. :o0 Oh well..I guess one must reap what one sows...:o/ ;o) Lovely post Grandmother. :o) I enjoyed it--despite the...umm...odd pictures of myself and my comrades..;o)

Love you and miss you!

Mary <3

Abigail said...

Ohhh dear........I knew those pictures would end up here;););) Oh well, we asked for it didn't we? :P:P
Love you Grandmama, and can't wait for you to be back home! <3<3 That pic of Nate is awful cute. :D

Love,
Abby
*cringe as I look again at the first picture of me, looking creeeeepy* ;):P

Abigail said...

Oh, meant to add, I'll gladly take you up on that gum-ball offer. ;);)

Love,
~Abby~

Franklin Family said...

Wow! We feel so honored to make the top of your blog :~) Yes, I too have gotten my camera back after being in the hands of those silly girls.

That picture of Nathaniel looks like Emma Jane when she was about his age. Same adorable smile :~)

Miss y'all!
KelliPaige