Saturday, April 24, 2010

Now that it's been . . .

. . . almost a month ( ! ) since I last posted here, I want to quickly update. Hopefully, pictures will be coming soon. We left FL April 5 (leaving most of the sweeties there, including brand new little Nathaniel) for a week or so in Missouri. Granddaughter Abigail came with us, as did two "adopted" granddaughters, Amanda and Jessica.

Well, cell phone coverage is very scant at the Missouri property (I use my cell phone for a modem), and little did I know that Danny would take off and fly back to Florida, along with the 3 girls, leaving me in Missouri! So, pictures may take a while to upload, given the fickleness of ATT coverage!

It has been a blessed time here, but after 45 years of marriage (in November), it isn't the same without my Sweetheart, my Hot Fudge Sundae! He returned for me yesterday (Friday) and, the Lord willing, we will be on the road Monday back to all the sweet Florida babies.

What a sweet time I have had with the Arkasouri sweeties! Since I was here a while, we got into the routine each day of Savannah and Emma Jane coming over to Grandmama's for letter sound and recognition pre-reading activities. There precious little minds are so ready to absorb learning ( for 5 or 10 minutes anyway), and now is the time to make it normal and adventurous to learn. No pressure, just a good time with Grandmama -- and the "goldfish" treats don't hurt either!

We have been thrift-storing, creek-watching, gardening, bird-watching (Missouri birds are so different from Florida birds!), mill-visiting (the beautiful and historic Dawt Mill) and touring the dairy that makes our favorite raw milk cheese, Morningland Dairy. Of course, nightly bluegrass and Celtic music sessions and heart-filling devotions are a blessed memory! And Scrabble! Who could forget almost-daily Scrabble matches! Gracie, Grandmama has met her match!

Well, I hope to get pictures up soon, but just wanted to let you know we are still here, or in Florida, or somewhere in between!!

3 comments:

The Dischers said...

And we have been soooo thrilled to have "captured" you for so long! It has been such a precious time with you, Mama.

Love,
Beth
--who hopes you don't find yourself with "RV trouble" come Monday :)

Franklin Family said...

We sure have missed you down here in Florida and so happy to know you will be home soon. Praying for your save travels and looking forward to seeing you at the "Higland" games on Saturday. :~)
KelliPaige

The Miller Family said...

Our time visiting with y'all came to a close all too quickly:( I hope and pray that you are safely arriving home as I type.

We loved seeing you and surely miss, miss, miss you!

Love,
Katie