Thursday, May 1, 2008

"Heart"

Wonderful, wild blackberries from our "Enchanted Forest", picked by Mary and Gracie. Oh, how juicy and good they were! We will have to make another trek out to get enough for pie or fillo! I hear they are "heart-healthy" (that expression always makes me cringe grammatically -- foods are not healthy! They are healthFUL!!) so maybe that's what my "heart" needs today! Thank you, Lord, for free, wonderful berries!

"Heart" . . . not much today. Not even to write out the word "heart". But I determined to come here and communicate (after all, we are instructed to forget not -- Hebrews 13:16), and wait on the Lord to work "heart" into it! I know, and you know, what it's all about. Nothing has consoled my "heart" since the Millers left. The hole in my "heart" is not mending at all. When your "heart" is full of your family, there is something horribly missing when someone is missing!

Well, isn't that a little self-centered?! Yes, it is, and I know it. God is having to bring my focus back around to Himself and His goodness. What a precious family I have here -- just around the corner and down the road! What wonderful weather we are having (maybe a little rain, Lord??) What sweet friends and fellowship we are blessed with! And what a sovereign, gracious, grace-filled, and grace-bestowing heavenly Father we have. His grace -- His divine enabling -- is all-sufficient. Behaving as if it isn't is truly an insult to His grace. Thank you, Lord, for Your long-suffering with this pitiful child of Yours! God is so good.


2 comments:

The Stricklen Family said...

You are right -- God is so good to us. We have much to thank Him for.

I love you!
Molly

His Space said...

awww luv reading ur blog. God is good! He will fill your heart with joy and gladness if you trust that He is in control of everything ( :

Peace in Christ,
Julia Grace