Monday, December 3, 2007

Ye Maidens Faire . . .

The maiden of honor, Gracie (center) with friend Christiana (left) and cousin Mary (right) as the festivities begin!
"She strengtheneth her arms . . ." Beautiful, ladylike maidens who also value strength and vigor. Left to right: Cousin Mary (hidden), sister Kitty with bow, sister Sarah, cousin Abby, sister Markie, and little cousin Rachel. It was amazing how many bull's eyes were hit!
Joyous mothers at the pavillion. Left to right: Daughter-in-law Ashley, Me, daughter Beth (Gracie's mother) daughter Katie, my beautiful mother and Gracie's great-grandmother Frances, and daughter Molly

What a wonderful time we had! Tantalizing medieval treats, sumptuous decorations, lovely home-made costumes, and beautiful godly maidens enjoying each other's company, honoring their friend and sister, Grace. It was my privilege to hostess the event and ask the Lord's blessing on the day and on these precious young ladies who will carry the torch into the future.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs. Frodge,
Thank you so much for the post! I know that ya'll have been so busy lately, and we appreciate you taking time to update!
We hope to see ya'll soon,
The Whiddon's

P.S. All of the dresses are amazing! Great job girls! :)

Bonnie said...

Thank you, Whiddons! We recently received the "Return of the Daughters" video from Vision Forum, and I saw a family that looked remarkably like your father and the girls, all blindfolded and following their father's verbal directions. Was that y'all? Maybe at a Father-Daughter retreat?

By the way, the DVD is so worth the price -- what a blessing to see how God is working in families who are dedicated to His ways and to each other! What an encouragement, not only to those of us nearing the closing of our time on earth, but to the coming-up generations. These young people will be blessed to know that there are others like them who will be raising their own children some day to be His torch-bearers. I feel another post coming on . . .!

Anonymous said...

Yes, that was us on the movie. :) It was at the FD Retreat. Our family has been so encouraged by the retreat, and we're already booked for next year! :) I would encourage any Father and
Daughter(s) to attend. Oh yes! And the "Return of the Daughters" is great as well!
In Christ,
Mallory for the Whiddons

Anonymous said...

Hello Mrs. Frodge,
The pictures are wonderful! I wish I could have shared in Gracie's happiness but...duty calls!!!:D!!! I enjoyed being with "some" of your sweet family tonight at the Stokes for Speech (sorry if I didn't spell that right! It's 12 am and I'm tired!) Masters! Your grand-daughter Sarah and I have become VERY close friends through MANY letters and I enjoy her company TREMENDOUSLY!!! Of course I enjoy all of your grandchildren but it seems like Sarah and I have a "special" bond!
So anyways...I sure do love you and wish I could see you! God Bless!

Love Always In Christ,
Ashley Marie